Perfect

 Perfect


If only my hand could paint poppy lips,

draw a pair of eyes,

that when I looked at them I would have rose petals sprouting from my soul

and everything would be wrapped in a jasmine scent.

If only life would give me a watercolor palette,

I would give away my dreams if I could color a face,

locks that with golden light would shower my mornings

and would seal away all darkness with just a name.

If only my remaining days could have a clean blank canvas,

I would draw awakenings overflowed with smiles

and I would rock in my arms, like a treasure,

the deepest longing of this heart.

If only Heaven would grant me life from my womb,

I would embroider a voice with the whisper of the seas,

I would knit a fair skin with the dew on the flowers

and I would create you this way: perfect as you are.


Comentarios